Pages

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Through the Eyes of an Actor (hopefully)

So, once upon a time, my little brother did a little Shakespeare acting. He actually had the chance to play the role of Othello in the Shakespeare festival. Since I am now reading and studying Othello, that suddenly means a bit more to me.
     He performed the scene in which Othello kills his wife, Desdemona, which has got to be one of the most heart wrenching scenes of all time! And I remember my brother doing a phenomenal job performing it. But the thing I loved the most about his performance was that the emotion in his face was not just an act. He was really feeling something! Every time I see an actor pull that off, it makes me want to pick their brain, and find out what it’s like; whether they really feel it that much or are just good fakers, and if it leaves a really lasting impact and makes them think or not…
     So, I have sent off an email to my brother (who is currently serving a mission in Rome), asking if he could tell me a little bit about his experience. I may not get a reply by the end of this week, but I’m really excited to see what he has to say. In the meantime, I’m going to look for any other sources I can find on that idea.
     Hopefully more to follow!